We are excited to announce a new software release available for your Control4 System. We are offering a remote upgrades to bring these exciting features and performance improvements! This requires the following:
- Active 4sight subscription
- The SOHO Shop LLC is your current dealer of record on http://my.control4.com
- Active internet connectivity.
- Valid 2.x License
To schedule your installation and or address questions, please contact us at 636-442-1616 or by email at email@example.com
OS 2.3 delivers powerful new features for you and your customers, plus lots of enhancements—large and small—to optimize system performance, deliver new tools to simplify system set-up, programming and customer support, and improve the customer experience.
A new, clean, intuitive UI for lighting is consistent across every device—TV screens, touch screens, smart phones, and tablets. Now it’s easier and more intuitive for your customers to control lighting throughout their home or business.
- More responsive User Interface with enhanced animation
- Easily view lights, scenes, or both depending upon user preference
- Improved dimmer controller—just grab the slider and move it to the desired light level
Customers have been asking for a little more control.
Now you can give it to them – right from any TV, Control4® Touch Screens and MyHome PC.
- Add, edit and rename lighting scenes
- Change the brightness of certain lights while preserving the scene
- Manually adjust lights throughout the house and then save those settings into a lighting scene
The new Advanced Lighting Scenes Agent also gives you the power to design sophisticated lighting scenes in Composer.
- Easily track whether a scene is currently active based on a variety of possible
- conditions. Scene active/inactive state is automatically indicated on the LEDs of buttons bound to a scene as well as on all new lighting UIs
- Toggle scenes with one button
New! Access Agent – Download Guide
The Access Agent lets you restrict access to certain features and functions using 4-digit security code protection. Fully restrict access to certain areas of the Control4 navigation or hide them from view. Ideal for:
- Business owners who have to worry about staff making unwanted changes
- Homeowners who want to restrict access for children or staff
- People with second homes where guests or renters might be interacting with the system
- Builders with model homes where certain functions need to remain off-limits
What you can do
Use the Access Agent to:
- Lock or unlock the Control4 Home page, Back button, Intercom, Settings, or More.
- Lock, unlock, or hide the Favorites or Room Selector so others can’t access your favorite pages or change rooms.
- Show or hide the access code.
Dealer will need to configure this agent for you! For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Improved System Performance & Stability
OS 2.3 is purpose-built for high performance and reliability to ensure that Control4 systems are running at their peak. This generation of software is designed to deliver new levels of stability and, with more bug fixes than ever, promises to offer you and your customers an elevated experience.
SR-250 System Remotes
Dramatic improvements in remote performance.
- The speed and reliability of button presses is greatly improved.
- The motion sensor is more responsive when you pick up the remote, and it won’t go to sleep when you’re in the middle of a session.
- A slow re-draw issue on List Navigator issue has been resolved so menus populate more quickly.
Audio and Video Intercom
The intercom experience is notably more consistent and stable, delivering a great experience for your customers.
- Calls stay online more consistently.
- The issue where Touch Screens get out of sync has been resolved.
- Now you can have up to 30 video intercom devices in one call group (increased from 8 devices).
MyHome delivers performance improvements and better stability, including Rhapsody.
- Optimized start-up and reconnect time for iOS devices.
- UI is more intuitive and consistent with the Flash-based Control4 interface.
- Enhanced UI for the newest generation of devices.
- New languages to better enable use worldwide.
Lots of behind-the-scenes updates significantly improve the performance of the system
- If you’re using HC-200 and HC-300 Controllers, you’ll see significant performance improvements in many configurations.
- Overall Director performance has been optimized
Extensive Bug Fixes
Lots and lots of software fixes to remedy those issues that … well, “bug” you, including these and many more. See Release Notes for all the details.
- Security system status and reporting
- Improved Controller reconnection logic with remote access
- Improved scalability and capacity for accessing Control4 web services
- Announcement Agent set up and execution has been improved
- Improved album art and movie metadata lookups
- Sony STR2800-ES and STR5800-ES have improved zones control, improved IR learning and more
- Improved SpeakerPoint update process to reduce a probability that they will require a manual power cycle after an update
- Fixed an issue where Not a Number (NaN) was showing up instead of a temperature
- Fixed an issue where an update failure occurred and you had to re-identify before you were allowed to update
More Commercial Tools for Success
New features and functions support your opportunities in the commercial space.
- Access Agent lets business owners restrict access to certain areas using password protection and hiding select functions.
- The FieldServer driver provides more robust support for commercial HVAC systems including Delta Controls, GE, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Mitsubishi, Rockwell and other thermostats over device networks including BACnet, Lonworks, Modbus, and more via serial, bus or TCP/IP.
- The Themes SDK lets you customize the UI on touch screens and TVs to showcase the company’s brand.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.